BE AWARE OF PHISHING SCAMS AND MALWARE
Phishing scams have unfortunately become part of life on the Internet. These scammers may try to pose as BitGo, and we have seen instances where phishers create Google ads and websites that are intended to trick you into believing that they are BitGo.
We at BitGo are vigilant when it comes to identifying phishing attacks that attempt to trick users into revealing passwords or identity information.. If you find a site that is attempting to impersonate us, please contact us via http://www.bitgo.com/support.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect yourself (and your company) from phishing scams and malware:
EDUCATE YOUR TEAM
* Educate your employees and conduct training sessions with mock phishing scenarios.
* Develop a security policy that includes but isn't limited to password expiration and complexity.
* Watch out for misspellings in emails or website addresses; such misspellings are generally a strong indicator that an email or URL is a phishing attempt.
USE BEST PRACTICES AND TOOLS
* Use a password manager to remember your password; password managers will not “auto-fill” a site unless the domain is really ‘bitgo.com’
* Do not use Google or the chrome search box to find the “bitgo.com” domain. Always type it by hand or keep it in a bookmark.
* Deploy an email SPAM filter that detects viruses, blank senders, etc.
* Keep all systems current with the latest security patches and updates.
* Install an antivirus solution, schedule signature updates, and monitor the antivirus status on all equipment.
* Deploy a web filter to block malicious websites.
* Avoid use of unknown browser plugins or Chrome Extensions.
* Never install software from email
If you receive a suspicious looking email or see a suspicious looking link to a website from someone who represents themselves as an agent of BitGo, we recommend that you contact us at https://www.bitgo.com/support — we will be happy to verify whether or not the email or website link can be trusted.
Additionally, please refer to our Security Best Practices for maximizing the security of your BitGo wallets and accounts, which can be found here: https://platform.bitgo.com/security-best-practices/